Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: 220 Studioluft / Just Married... With Children

Post by Daniel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:07 am

Fantastic episode!

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 am

well one actor got the episode because of their past work, and one got future work from the episode. leiser was joe isisu/liar, a hit comercial at the time. (back in the pre cable days even comercials spawned stars and celebs, such as "where's the beef"). but the big winner was actually pierson. married with children had a spin off and a rip off. the rip off was unhappily ever after. it wasn't a total rip off (stealing) since it was also a show created by ron levit only with silverman instead of moyes. pierson got the lead role in unhappily to start. well unless you consider mr floppy (bob golthwait as a stuffed bunny that talks to only pierson)the lead. tward the end nikki cox became the lead because she was so pretty. picture kelly being smart, bud being bud, al and peg getting divorced, al moving to the basement and talking to iris or a psycho dad toy, peg feeling sorry enough for al to let him stay but not enough to be nice.....and you've got unhappily unever after.

the other spin off that actually got picked up was top of the heap, mathuew leblancs (joey on friends) first series.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 pm

I had either TOTALLY forgotten or never noticed it was Pierson in the role of Mr. Squab! I knew I had seen him on MWC, at first I thought it was him in the Top of the Heap episode of season 5 which was the first episode of the spin-off with the same name, but that wasn't him. Anyway, I love Pierson and I love Unhappily Ever After. I also love this episode that I give a 4.5 rating, one of the most memorable episodes of the series IMO.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Officer Dan
Al "Icky" Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "4 Touchdowns" Bundy

Post by Officer Dan » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:21 pm

I give it 5 stars, really like it.

Notice that

- Ed's wife has a role as Mona Squad, her first guest apperance
- David Leisure also played "Nick the Fish", a booking man on the 1980's sitcom "Alf"
- We fist see the Mustang Convertible, later shown in season five
Eine schrecklich nette Familie / Married...with Children-Fan seit / since 1992