Page 2 of 2

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:54 pm
by Daniel
*arrrgghhhh* @!*# what have I done!
My brains just exploded..... as I read that --> viewtopic.php?p=7919#p7919

Sorry rdo3 nothing against your eagerness, but please post in English!!
If someone in German can't read it he can translate it via the flag-buttons.
But the English translated into German by Google makes me going nuts!

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:18 pm
by Shoe Dick
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:*arrrgghhhh* @!*# what have I done!
My brains just exploded..... as I read that --> viewtopic.php?p=7919#p7919

Sorry rdo3 nothing against your eagerness, but please post in English!!
If someone in German can't read it he can translate it via the flag-buttons.
But the English translated into German by Google makes me going nuts!


The babelfish stuff usually suck. Different grammar for different languages, words that has 2 meanings etc, you usually have to struggle to get a translation from babelfish.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:27 pm
by rdo3
lol sorry dan. it's that bad? good thing i cant read the german.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 pm
by Shoe Dick
I actually just tried it for the first time now, it works pretty well even though as I mentioned the translations can be annoying since they are far from accurate in either language. But you get the jist of it.

I just think it's sad in a way, the way this forum is divided, it feels like 2 groups of people who plays "You stay at your side of the forum, and we'll stay at our". Wish there was a way to get more German-speaking people to post in the English section.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:30 pm
by Shoe Dick
Found some bugs, I can't click on links unless they are part of a quote, and everytime I post in a new thread I have to log in again, even though I press the automatic log-in button.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:34 am
by Dr. Shoe
AxelFoley wrote:I actually just tried it for the first time now, it works pretty well even though as I mentioned the translations can be annoying since they are far from accurate in either language. But you get the jist of it.

I just think it's sad in a way, the way this forum is divided, it feels like 2 groups of people who plays "You stay at your side of the forum, and we'll stay at our". Wish there was a way to get more German-speaking people to post in the English section.


I second that.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:12 am
by Daniel
Dr. Shoe wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:I actually just tried it for the first time now, it works pretty well even though as I mentioned the translations can be annoying since they are far from accurate in either language. But you get the jist of it.

I just think it's sad in a way, the way this forum is divided, it feels like 2 groups of people who plays "You stay at your side of the forum, and we'll stay at our". Wish there was a way to get more German-speaking people to post in the English section.


I second that.


I'll check that

English!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 am
by kiplee09
:lol: Though i may seem so selfish, allow me to share my sentiments :mrgreen: I am from the Philippines, English is not our native language but we respect it like the fact that we know its more than needed in order to connect with the world..don't you think we all should learn the language?

Re: English!!!

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:14 am
by Dr. Shoe
kiplee09 wrote::lol: Though i may seem so selfish, allow me to share my sentiments :mrgreen: I am from the Philippines, English is not our native language but we respect it like the fact that we know its more than needed in order to connect with the world..don't you think we all should learn the language?



Yes, and what better way than by watching America's greatest contribution to the arts! 8)

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm
by marriedaniac
Shoe Dick wrote:I just think it's sad in a way, the way this forum is divided, it feels like 2 groups of people who plays "You stay at your side of the forum, and we'll stay at our". Wish there was a way to get more German-speaking people to post in the English section.


I'm very much in agreement with this.

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm
by ronthekanuk
Hi All,

How about using a translator ?
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0o ... ram=&rd=r1

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 pm
by InMeelisFest
My german speaking/typing skill is quit ridiculous.
Is it okay to post in english into german section when i understand topic but not enough to reply?

Re: English vs. German // Deutsch vs. Englisch

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:44 pm
by Shoe Dick
InMeelisFest wrote:My german speaking/typing skill is quit ridiculous.
Is it okay to post in english into german section when i understand topic but not enough to reply?

Yes, that's quite all right.