Drew Carey Show

Friends, Simpsons, ....

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Drew Carey Show

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:37 pm

I really like this one too but they won't release past season 1 on DVD because of the music. I didn't really watch it when it was on I was in high school and college and I really didn't watch too much TV back then. But I really dig the show now.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: Drew Carey Show

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:54 pm

I am the opposite -- I watched this a lot when it was on, but haven't seen it in ages.
That sucks about the DVD releases, but never say never. Malcolm in the Middle's 2nd season wasn't released for a looooooong time for the same reason.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 pm

You'd think, "Hey there's money to be made by all here! Let's do it!." But maybe its sorting out all the right to million different record companies. Or maybe there isn't that many, who knows.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Who knows, who knows. Malcolm In The Middle would have benefited greatly from Breaking Bad being so popular. So the DCS needs something like that to give it extra incentive to be released.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Who knows, who knows. Malcolm In The Middle would have benefited greatly from Breaking Bad being so popular. So the DCS needs something like that to give it extra incentive to be released.
Hmm, good point. Somebody from that show needs to do something big.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:00 am

Used to watch this all the time when it was on TV in Sweden. Really funny stuff. I didn't know the reason for no more season sets was because of music rights, that sucks. Was it really that much music in the show?

Happy Days suffers for that reason as well, only four our of eleven seasons released It's insane that The Fonz can't be enjoyed in full. Sit on it, Paramount!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:07 am

Shoe Dick wrote:Used to watch this all the time when it was on TV in Sweden. Really funny stuff. I didn't know the reason for no more season sets was because of music rights, that sucks. Was it really that much music in the show?

Happy Days suffers for that reason as well, only four our of eleven seasons released It's insane that The Fonz can't be enjoyed in full. Sit on it, Paramount!
Have you actually re-watched Happy Days? I've thought about it. I remember it being on TV when I was very young.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Indeed I have, I have the seasons on DVD, love it. The Fonz is one of the best characters in TV history!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 am

Perhaps they don't want to get up to the McGinley years. ;)

Sucks that more Happy Days haven't been released -- you'd think it would with Ron Howard's stellar career and Arrested Development being so popular! (I wouldn't say successful... just popular lol)

mcpon14
Chicken

Post by mcpon14 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:22 am

But Henry Wrinkler hasn't that had much success and he was the star. Maybe that's why there wasn't more of a push to release those seasons.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm

mcpon14 wrote:But Henry Wrinkler hasn't that had much success and he was the star. Maybe that's why there wasn't more of a push to release those seasons.
That really doesn't matter. His character, The Fonz, is one of the most beloved sitcom or even TV characters of all time, I believe his jacket is even on the Smithsonian. Lot of other 70's & 80's shows have been released that weren't half as popular and doesn't have the iconic character. It's not about his popularity, just the normal Hollywood greed.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:30 am

I heard a comedian say something like, "The Fonz was cool? This is a guy who hung out in the bathroom at a diner..."