Friends, Simpsons, ....

Moderator: Moderators

Der_Grossmeister
Shoe Salesman

The reason why "unhappily ever after" flopped - Eng and Ger

Post by Der_Grossmeister » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:39 pm

I will write this in German and English:

German:

Fast jeder kennt hier wohl die inoffizielle Nachfolgeserie "Unhappily ever after" (Auf schlimmer und ewig"), die ja weit weniger erfolgreich war. Und der Grund ist ziemlich offensichtlich:

Tiffany. Die war zu perfekt. Bei den Bundys hatte jeder seine Macken, seine Stärken und Schwächen. Deswegen waren die Figuren auch so sympathisch. Bei Auf schlimmer.. hatte die auch jeder, bis auf Tiffany.

Sie war ein Genie, sah gut aus, war aber dennoch keusch und eine Jungfrau die keinen Alkohol angefasst hat und nie irgendwelche Drogen nahm. Jeder liebte sie, ihre Mitschüler, Lehrer und auch ihre Eltern.

Wo ist der Witz? Kelly war mir Millionen Mal sympathischer. Vielleicht war die perfekte Tiffanny eine Art running-Gag eben weil sie so perfekt war. Aber das hätte man dann viel ironischer verkaufen sollen.

Außerdem konzentrierte sich die Serie im Laufe der Zeit immer mehr auf sie, am Ende war es die Tiffany-und-Jack Show. Jack (Geoff Pierson) war ok, das Mädchen konnte ich am Ende kaum noch ausstehen. Ich glaube, vielen ging es ähnlich.

Tja, Attraktivität ist eben nicht alles.

----

English:

Almost all of you know the unofficial successor to MWC "Unhappily ever after", which was far less successful than married. And the reason is obvious:

Tiffany. She was too perfect. Everyone of the Bundy family had their faults, their strengths and weaknesses. That's the reason why the characters were so sympathic. The characters in unhappily.. had all their strengths and weaknesses too, except Tiffany.

She was a genius, looked gorgeous and despite this was still a virgin who never drank alcohol and never took any drugs. Everyone loved her, the schoolmates, the teachers and her parents.

Where is the joke? Kelly was millions of times more sympathic to me. Maybe the perfect Tiffany was some kind of running-gag, but if that was the case, then it didn't work.

The problem got worse when they started to build the show more and more around Tiffany. At the end it was the "Tiffany-And-Jack" show. Jack (Geoff Pierson) was ok, but I couldn't bear the girl any longer and I think others felt the same way.

Well, beauty is not everything.

Der_Grossmeister
Shoe Salesman

Re: The reason why "unhappily ever after" flopped - Eng and Ger

Post by Der_Grossmeister » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Marcy Rhoades wrote:
Was mir bei Nikki immer ins Auge stieß,war nur die Oberweite... :lol: :) :D

Und jetzt auch die Lippen:

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/2008 ... -critical/

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Sorry, but I don't agree at all with the first post. The sitcom got cancelled because Tiffany as a character was too perfect? Have you done a survey to support this, perhaps?

The show's humor was never centered around her character to begin with. Floppy was the main attraction, the main character that got us laughing. She was just eye candy, thus hardly the reason why the show got cancelled.

I'm using the word "cancelled" because I refuse to believe you think five seasons and 100 episodes means a show "flopped."

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

LetsRock
Verminator
Your favorite MWC Character: Al "Four touchdowns in one game" Bundy

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:03 am

I can't say i've ever seen any episodes, it never came on in New Zealand to my knowledge, maybe its online somewhere

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 am

LetsRock wrote:I can't say i've ever seen any episodes, it never came on in New Zealand to my knowledge, maybe its online somewhere
It really is a good show. Most people who has a problem with it usually blame it on the show being a "rip-off" of MWC and base their hate solely on that. Don't mind those people. Is it as good as MWC? No. It's still hilarious. Floppy, who is voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait, is comedic GOLD! His voice and the way they work the puppet is just great. Makes me laugh out loud many, many times. I honestly can't wait for it to get a release on DVD, if it ever will :cry:

It is made by one of the creators of MWC, so it's bound to have similarities. Look past that and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:14 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
LetsRock wrote:I can't say i've ever seen any episodes, it never came on in New Zealand to my knowledge, maybe its online somewhere
It really is a good show. Most people who has a problem with it usually blame it on the show being a "rip-off" of MWC and base their hate solely on that. Don't mind those people. Is it as good as MWC? No. It's still hilarious. Floppy, who is voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait, is comedic GOLD! His voice and the way they work the puppet is just great. Makes me laugh out loud many, many times. I honestly can't wait for it to get a release on DVD, if it ever will :cry:

It is made by one of the creators of MWC, so it's bound to have similarities. Look past that and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too.
Bobcat Goldthwait? I have to see this now! :lol: :lol:

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:00 am

I get a kick out of seeing Reese from Malcolm In The Middle (another show I love) as the youngest kid. :)

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:53 am

marriedaniac wrote:I get a kick out of seeing Reese from Malcolm In The Middle (another show I love) as the youngest kid. :)
He's in it too? Cool! Malcolm In The Middle was a good show, I still watch it from time to time.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

marriedaniac wrote:I get a kick out of seeing Reese from Malcolm In The Middle (another show I love) as the youngest kid. :)
Don't forget that their oldest boy is a pretty big star now, appearing in HBO's Entourage!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

LetsRock
Verminator

Post by LetsRock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
Don't forget that their oldest boy is a pretty big star now, appearing in HBO's Entourage!
Ohh goodness!!

Is that him in the blue shirt on the left?? I never realised that was him! I don't actually watch Entourage but i've seen previews for it.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Kevin Connolly, yep.
Man, David Faustino has guess starred in both shows!