DVD advice needed

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

Al4President
Shoe Salesman

DVD advice needed

Post by Al4President » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post, after lurking for some time. I've a question, which I don't think has been specifically asked before, though please forgive me if it has!

Finally, after being a fan of MWC ever since it first aired in the UK, I'm getting around to buying the lot on DVD, but what's the best way to go about it?
I don't own any MWC DVDs at all yet & am well aware that there are various issues regarding edited, syndicated shows on the region 1 season #4 set, replaced title music, etc.

I have a multi-region DVD player & am happy to import whichever DVDs are best overall. Should I go for the German Bundy Box or perhaps the US (cheapest!) or UK Complete Series sets & buy an additional, uncut season #4 set?
Although collecting the episodes themselves is my first priority, it would be cool to have all the currently-available extra features, interviews & documentaries too. Where necessary, am happy to pick those up separately though.

Finally, editing issues aside, in terms of audio/video quality, are the US/UK/German DVDs all on a par? Has anyone ever done any side-by-side comparisons? I realise that even a future blu ray release isn't going to improve the A/V quality hugely, but I'm a big fan of the DVDBeaver & DVDCompare websites & always buy the best looking & sounding discs from whichever source, based on their recommendations...

The more internet trawling I do, the more confusing it all gets - help!

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: DVD advice needed

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I think the best box you can get is the german Bundy Box.
It has all episodes and some specials - Sony was never very good in giving away a lot of stuf for MWC Fans but you want find anywhere more specials (you can find some stuff on the blog - blog.albundy.net).

Here is my review of the DVD Box -> http://blog.albundy.net/?p=108

In terms of the quality I'm not the right person to ask.
But here is what I'd say:
The german sound is realy good (since it was dubbed in a studio) - the original sound is as good as it can be.

Al4President
Shoe Salesman

Post by Al4President » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply & the link to your Bundy Box review, which I'd already read - of course!
Whilst the Bundy Box is obviously the best option, it IS v expensive (EUR 2-300)... Therefore, I've ordered the US Complete Series Box - for only EUR 36 delivered!

Of course, I now need an uncut series 4. I know the German release is uncut, but how about the Dutch, UK & Oz sets - are any of those uncut too?

That just leaves the German/Oz Bundy Box bonus discs' content; is any of it available separately elsewhere? Otherwise, I'll just have to search for somewhere to stream or download it... Any links would be appreciated! ;oD

YouinAnotherform
Chicken

Post by YouinAnotherform » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:56 am

Daniel, does the german box set have the original theme for all seasons? does the content included (such as the magazine) all in german or is there also english?

YouinAnotherform
Chicken

Post by YouinAnotherform » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 am

I also found the australian one, is there any difference? i see the box looks pretty similar, but it's in english, which i'd prefer, would you know if the entire inside is in english as well and does it also come with the magazine and poster?

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:57 pm

YouinAnotherform wrote:I also found the australian one, is there any difference? i see the box looks pretty similar, but it's in english, which i'd prefer, would you know if the entire inside is in english as well and does it also come with the magazine and poster?
My Aussie version is all English. No magazine included, but I did get a poster. I bought this set before they re-released it with seasons 10 & 11 included, however.

Season 4 is a worry though, as I've posted on the other thread...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=929&start=150

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 am

YouinAnotherform wrote:Daniel, does the german box set have the original theme for all seasons? does the content included (such as the magazine) all in german or is there also english?
The magazine is in German.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398