What episode is this quote from?

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

Telephos
Shoe Salesman

What episode is this quote from?

Post by Telephos » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:38 pm

"You think I'm a loser? Because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, and a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every day when I wake up in the morning, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep. So I get up. I have my watered-down Tang and my still-frozen Pop Tart. I get in my car with no gas, no upholstery, and six more payments. I fight honking traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes onto the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I wanted to. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never know the joy of driving through the city without a bag over my head. But I'm not a loser. Because, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what they wanted to be, is out there, being what we don't want to be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I didn't put a gun in my mouth years ago - that little fact makes me a winner, baby."

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: What episode is this quote from?

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:12 am

The episode you are referring to is the first episode of season 3, entitled He Thought He Could. IMO one of the very best episodes of that season. Great speech, too.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398