Page 4 of 9

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm
by Daniel
Dr. Shoe wrote:I can't even imagine how you found that out Daniel. By the way your surname is your family name.
Your right, of course is Tom the given name not the surname!

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:30 pm
by Jacob
Hi - Glad to see that this thread isn't dead yet! I've read it since 2006, and just found it again!

Nice to see that IzCool found it, and took some pictures of it!

I have to ask: Isn't there episodes of MwC, where they use the house for outside shots, not just the intro picture? I think i recall Kelly throwing something out of one of the windows in an episosde, where you see it from outside? Or maybe it was just a dream? :?:

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 pm
by Dr. Shoe
Jacob wrote:Hi - Glad to see that this thread isn't dead yet! I've read it since 2006, and just found it again!

Nice to see that IzCool found it, and took some pictures of it!

I have to ask: Isn't there episodes of MwC, where they use the house for outside shots, not just the intro picture? I think i recall Kelly throwing something out of one of the windows in an episosde, where you see it from outside? Or maybe it was just a dream? :?:
They used sets for those exterior shots too. But there are a few episodes where they use the intro house kind of between scenes and they aren't just still shots though you can see tree branches moving.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:08 am
by Shoe Dick
Awesome report, thank you! I definitely need to go there one fine day... Daniel, you should definitely write the owner a letter! If I ever went there, I'd consider knocking on the door and ask some questions, if they wouldn't mind.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 pm
by alexxxa
Hello ! Anybody here? ... I don't know why..but it was awesome to see the house on google earth..to find it myself, and to see pictures of it on this forum. :D In the end..did anyone talk to the actual owners of the house?.. or have you seen them? If i could go to the USA, i would stay all day long in front of it just to see them and to ask them some questions.. i suppose they know that is the "bundy house". but i don't know why the producers used that house for the show. there has to be a "relation" with the house. what was so special about it? what's the story? :)) well, i hope to visit the house one day. and i hope it will exist for a long time.. :D

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 am
by Dr. Shoe
alexxxa wrote:Hello ! Anybody here? ... I don't know why..but it was awesome to see the house on google earth..to find it myself, and to see pictures of it on this forum. :D In the end..did anyone talk to the actual owners of the house?.. or have you seen them? If i could go to the USA, i would stay all day long in front of it just to see them and to ask them some questions.. i suppose they know that is the "bundy house". but i don't know why the producers used that house for the show. there has to be a "relation" with the house. what was so special about it? what's the story? :)) well, i hope to visit the house one day. and i hope it will exist for a long time.. :D
You've seen it on Google Earth? How do you know the address?

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:50 pm
by Daniel
Dr. Shoe wrote: You've seen it on Google Earth? How do you know the address?
It's not too hard to find it.
I also know who's living there, but too bad I couldn't make out an email addresse to reach someone.

And please don't post the addresse here in the forum - we don't want people stay all day long in front of the house.
Not till I'm around there :)

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:35 pm
by Dr. Shoe
I guess if there are only a few houses on that street it shouldn't be that hard. A little Holiday quest for me I suppose.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm
by ARMAN
Dr. Shoe wrote:I guess if there are only a few houses on that street it shouldn't be that hard. A little Holiday quest for me I suppose.
i hope you will take your camera with you :P

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:44 pm
by Dr. Shoe
ARMAN wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:I guess if there are only a few houses on that street it shouldn't be that hard. A little Holiday quest for me I suppose.
i hope you will take your camera with you :P
I meant I'm gonna look for it on google earth! But now that you mention it, I have decided that the next time I get to Chicago I am going to look it up. I just mapped the Deerfiled house from my cousin's house and its only about 50 miles. But that's a lot considering both are in suburbs of Chicago, man that town is huge.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:27 am
by ARMAN
oh :oops: :mrgreen:

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:53 am
by BruceAdama
Hey, everyone...

Please forgive the necropost, but it was actually this very thread that prompted me to join this wonderful forum, since I, too, have been looking for the real Bundy house! Thanks to this thread, I found it on Google Earth, just as has been shown here in the thread.

I have been an avid MWC fan since the show first aired in 1987, and have never stopped watching it. It's still funny and relevant to this very day.

Continuing with the topic of the Bundy's house... I was wondering if anyone here would happen to have an idea of what the house's floor plan looks like? If so, I'd like to recreate the floor plan in Adobe Illustrator, and post it here, for all to enjoy. I am currently working on a floor plan of the house from Poltergeist, using actual floor plans from that very house, along with set notes.

I am also interested in finding good (clear) screencaps showing the wallpaper pattern in the Bundy's master bedroom, if anyone has any.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 am
by marriedaniac
BruceAdama wrote:Continuing with the topic of the Bundy's house... I was wondering if anyone here would happen to have an idea of what the house's floor plan looks like?
Bundyology has floor plans:
http://www.bundyology.com/9764.html

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:59 pm
by Shoe Dick
Yeah, when in doubt, Bundyology is always the answer.

Re: the actual bundy house

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am
by Dr. Shoe
I killed a Saturday afternoon once and made a Sims Bundy house complete with the Bundys.