the actual bundy house

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Postby Daniel » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:19 am

goehno wrote:I found it in Google Earth too. It is actually in the Chicago Area, right?
When I'm going to America, I will definitely check it out in person...

Yes it is.
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
ARMAN
No Maam Member
Posts: 978
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:08 pm

Postby ARMAN » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:02 pm

Missed this thread, did DaversInChicago actually took pics while beeing around the house? Cant find any on the blog :oops:

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Postby Daniel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:19 pm

ARMAN wrote:Missed this thread, did DaversInChicago actually took pics while beeing around the house? Cant find any on the blog :oops:

No, he never made any pics.
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Postby Daniel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 pm

Just the info, that I tried to contact the actual owner of the "real Bundy house" but he never replied.

I've only the general email of the company he's working at - I wrote them twice but no answer till now (over a month now).

So it seems we will never get a statement of that person.
If anyone lives in the chicago surrounding area and want's to shot some photos of that house or maybe has a better idea how to contact that person (it's not so easy to contact anyone in the states from europe here :) ) just send me a PM.
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

rdo3
Bob Rooney
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Postby rdo3 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:08 am

i'm sorry everybody, itmust be my luck. if you met my ex you would know how bad my luck is, i'm the guy al would make fun of. google maps street level would have had panoramic views of the house, but it ships about 3-400 metes of castle wood lane. guess what house is right in the middle of the part they missed. but in the intro when they are driving down the road, they really are driving to the real house it seems. if you want to curse my bad luck (and my ex) be my guest. i've already started. may6be in the future they'll get it on street level, and when they do you'll know it's current, well at first anyway. not sure how often they update.

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Postby Daniel » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:49 am

rdo3 wrote:i'm sorry everybody, itmust be my luck. if you met my ex you would know how bad my luck is, i'm the guy al would make fun of. google maps street level would have had panoramic views of the house, but it ships about 3-400 metes of castle wood lane. guess what house is right in the middle of the part they missed. but in the intro when they are driving down the road, they really are driving to the real house it seems. if you want to curse my bad luck (and my ex) be my guest. i've already started. may6be in the future they'll get it on street level, and when they do you'll know it's current, well at first anyway. not sure how often they update.


Sorry, rdo3 !

I don't exactly unterstand what you want to tell us :roll:

I've only understand that you think you share the bundy curse with al :)

Dan
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

rdo3
Bob Rooney
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Postby rdo3 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:53 am

google maps street level is a new google project. ever seen those pics where you can pan 360 degrees? google maps has one of those for about every 30 meters. we could have seen multiple angles of the real house. and they even did all of castel road, except 300 meters where the real house is, and since the house is mid bend in the road it's totally missed.

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Postby Daniel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks rdo3!

Now I understand what you ment!
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

izcool
Shoe Salesman
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:56 am

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby izcool » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:17 am

Sorry to be digging up an old thread on here (over 4 years old now), but I have a bit to add.

I'm new to these forums (yay me) and I took a drive over to where this house is. I had no idea that it was so close on my route home each day from work! Here's the house as of yesterday afternoon -

Image

What I find funny is that in almost every picture you can find of this house, even mine, there's trash sitting out in front. Nobody seems to like to keep it in the garage. In my photo, there's a lampshade sticking out of the top of the trash can. :) For the pictures on the show, they have the trash by the curb with boxes sitting next to it.

Now, as for the D'Arcy's residence, where do they exactly live? I've seen a few of the episodes just lately and I can suppose that they lived next door (not sure what side next door) and across the street. I was watching the episodes where the Bundy's and the D'Arcy's are fighting over the property line because of an apple tree, and another where the D'Arcy's car just got back from the shop, and when Al is sitting in the Dodge ready for the Dodge film crew to film him roll over a million miles, he "broadsides" the car they just got, which, I'm assuming, is sitting across the street.

This is the house to the right of the "Bundy's house" -

Image

And this is the house directly across the street of the "Bundy's house" -

Image

Sorry, didn't get the one to the left of the "Bundy's house". :roll:

Anybody have any idea where the D'Arcy's might be living? I've seen some inside shots of their house, but I don't recall any outside shots.

I may go back there and get better pictures with my digital camera (only had my Blackberry with me yesterday afternoon).

I don't mean to give unwanted attention to these people and the houses they live in, but I find it very interesting, and it was kinda cool to see it in person. I just can't believe I've driven past it so many times and never realized how close it is to me!

I don't think it's really a bad thing of taking pictures of people's houses, after all, Google has done a lot of that with their "Street View". My house is on there and it doesn't really bother me. After all, I'm not the one who found the location of this originally. :wink:

Best Regards.
Attachments
bundy_house_2009_09_06.jpg

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Daniel » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for that update and to see that the house is still not torn down.
You couldn't find the D'Arcy's house since it was never shown in full - so there is no real house.
The Bundy house itself is also only shown in the intro of the show (and in a few episodes).
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Dr. Shoe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:23 am

Thanks izcool, one of these days when I get back to Chicago I'm gonna have to check it out. Oh and I will get picks of me and the family in front.
And hey, the owners of the house kept the color the same so they ain't exactly trying to keep the fact that they have the Bundy house a secret.

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Daniel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:30 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:Thanks izcool, one of these days when I get back to Chicago I'm gonna have to check it out. Oh and I will get picks of me and the family in front.
And hey, the owners of the house kept the color the same so they ain't exactly trying to keep the fact that they have the Bundy house a secret.

Have I ever told you, that I tried to contact the owner of the house but didn't get any response.
It would be interesting if they know in what house they are living.
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Dr. Shoe » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:Thanks izcool, one of these days when I get back to Chicago I'm gonna have to check it out. Oh and I will get picks of me and the family in front.
And hey, the owners of the house kept the color the same so they ain't exactly trying to keep the fact that they have the Bundy house a secret.

Have I ever told you, that I tried to contact the owner of the house but didn't get any response.
It would be interesting if they know in what house they are living.


No I didn't know that. What did you do? Write them a letter?

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Daniel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:
Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Dr. Shoe wrote:Thanks izcool, one of these days when I get back to Chicago I'm gonna have to check it out. Oh and I will get picks of me and the family in front.
And hey, the owners of the house kept the color the same so they ain't exactly trying to keep the fact that they have the Bundy house a secret.

Have I ever told you, that I tried to contact the owner of the house but didn't get any response.
It would be interesting if they know in what house they are living.


No I didn't know that. What did you do? Write them a letter?


It's a very long story. No never thought of an letter - but I've to admit that this would be a great idea...
I found out the name of the owner (it was a lot of research work), and where he's working. But I couldn't find his email so I wrote to a general public email of the company. But I never got any response.

But I'm sure you'll ask them if they know in what house they are living and then we will all get to know it!

But maybe the information I found out isn't actual any more.
The name of the owner was "Tom" (will only post his surename here).
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2044
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: the actual bundy house

Postby Dr. Shoe » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:49 am

I can't even imagine how you found that out Daniel. By the way your surname is your family name.


Return to “Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest