the actual bundy house

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 am

Nice!! Thanks blackgloves

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:01 pm

blackgloves wrote:Here is the rest of the info

Show house address:
9674 Jeopardy Ln, Chicago IL

Real address? This is the best I can come up with. It is on a very short street, so there cant be more than 5 or 10 homes but here it goes

Deerfield IL, 60015
Hi!

Thanks for that great info, but can you tell us from where you have this addresse?
Last edited by Daniel on Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackgloves
Onkel Otto

Post by blackgloves » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 pm

I pulled if up off researching over the internet. I then pulled up off mapquest.com that area and found the street Castlewood Lane. Its a very short street, cant be more than 10-15 per each side of the street. Castlwood is located just south of Deerfield Rd if you want to look for it on mapquest.

But again, you type in Married with Children home or house, or Bundy's house or home on Yahoo or Google search (pictures) pictures of the house come up. Then some info comes up. I posted all that I can find though. I would recommend some of you to search aswell. See what you can find. I didn't search under the "web" I search mostly under "pictures"

I found a short video of someone driving by the house, its about 10 seconds. I couldn't find a actual street address as far as a number to the house. The video is from 2001 and has a black car out in front, looks like some middle class family know lives there

DaversInChicago
Shoe Salesman

Post by DaversInChicago » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:09 pm

I work about 2 miles away from Castlewood lane in Deerfield, I can't believe the real house may be that close to me! I will go there on my lunch break this week and find the house if it exists. Not sure if I will post the exact address as the owners may not want that information known, but I'll ask them. Yes, I'll bring my camera. Maybe my Al Bundy cardboard cutout too. Dave

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:38 am

DaversInChicago wrote:I work about 2 miles away from Castlewood lane in Deerfield, I can't believe the real house may be that close to me! I will go there on my lunch break this week and find the house if it exists. Not sure if I will post the exact address as the owners may not want that information known, but I'll ask them. Yes, I'll bring my camera. Maybe my Al Bundy cardboard cutout too. Dave
Wow, that would be realy great!!! 8)
Maybe you can even ask the owners if they know something about it.

Daniel

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:00 am

I just looked a bit around on some online maps and found only one house that could match.

It is the third house on the right hand on the Castlewood LN if you start counting from the corner Castlewood LN / Constance LN in the north-east direction.

Here is a screenshot?
What do you think?

I'm not sure what the white squares on the roof are - chimneys? 3?
Attachments
bundy_house_real.JPG
bundy_house_real.JPG (18.95 KiB) Viewed 34690 times

DaversInChicago
Shoe Salesman

Eyewitness report - The Bundy house is located in Deerfield

Post by DaversInChicago » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:21 pm

It's official, folks - the Bundy house is located on Castlewood Lane in Deerfiled, IL. I'll keep the house number to myself in respect for the current owners (who weren't home when I rang the doorbell) but that's definitely the one. The bricklaying pattern shows it - these multi-color brick homes are built without any set pattern to the bricks, so whatever color brick the mason picks up next is the one that goes on. Look at the brickwork at the top left of the garage and the bottom right corner, the patterns there in the tv show stock shot are the same as the ones in my pics. This is definitely the house. I did ring the bell but nobody was home, so no interior shots, sorry. But you can already see some differences from the set interior and the house - like the sunken living room - these models don't have one, it's a flat entryway. there is no patio door off the back of the living room, but there is a single hinge door there. Oh, the white things on the roof, Admin, are roof vents to release heat buildup during the summer, very common an almost every house around here. You pinned it too - the house you mentioned was in fact the right one. Good job!!

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:17 pm

I can't believe it!

That are realy great news!
Thanks for your work!

Pics will be on the blog faster then you can spell "Jeopardy Lane"!

Daniel

Football player
Onkel Otto

Post by Football player » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:51 pm

I would like to see that house but I am too far away

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:24 pm

Just some short update on that topic.
I found out who's living in that house at the moment.
I'll to get in contact with that person. Since I found no email, it could take some time.
Attachments
bundy_house_tv_intro.jpg
the house from the intro
bundy_house_tv_intro.jpg (72.4 KiB) Viewed 32958 times
bundyhouse4sides.JPG
some actual photos (this summer) from the house.
bundyhouse4sides.JPG (30.06 KiB) Viewed 32956 times

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:08 am

Where did you get the info, if I might ask=

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:44 am

AxelFoley wrote:Where did you get the info, if I might ask=
It was a long long (and even longer) search using Google and some other search tools.

Seems that if you live in the states you can find out pretty much about a person if you long enough search.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:48 am

Spaking of which, in Sweden all it takes is about 3 Euros (4-5 bucks) and you can check up almost everything about a person. Debts, income, family, mortage payments, tax etc, and of course where you live and your social security numbers.

How sick is that?

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:16 am

AxelFoley wrote:Spaking of which, in Sweden all it takes is about 3 Euros (4-5 bucks) and you can check up almost everything about a person. Debts, income, family, mortage payments, tax etc, and of course where you live and your social security numbers.

How sick is that?
Ok, so it's the same as in USA - but there it's a bit more expensive (~20$) to get everything.

goehno
Cousin Eb

Post by goehno » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:24 am

I found it in Google Earth too. It is actually in the Chicago Area, right?
When I'm going to America, I will definitely check it out in person...