HELP!! Should I buy this???

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

rdo3
Bob Rooney
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby rdo3 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 pm

ok doc i found another good deal. you can get 17 issues for under $9 (under $13 including shipping)
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIED-WITH-CHILDR ... dZViewItem

the easiest way is to search for married with children -dvd on ebay. make sure not to leave a space between the minus and dvd .

User avatar
Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy
Location: Calgary, AB (Canada)

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Panek » Tue May 06, 2008 11:21 pm

As I've said before...

...get 'em and scan 'em!

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Dr. Shoe » Wed May 07, 2008 1:25 am

I'm gonna bid. Thanks Rdo!

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Daniel » Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

Panek wrote:As I've said before...

...get 'em and scan 'em!

As I said before -> no :)

a) The are all sealed into their bags
b) about 50 pages per comic --> too much work to scan
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Dr. Shoe » Wed May 07, 2008 12:30 pm

Daniel (f.k.a. admin) wrote:
Panek wrote:As I've said before...

...get 'em and scan 'em!

As I said before -> no :)

a) The are all sealed into their bags
b) about 50 pages per comic --> too much work to scan


I'm with you.

User avatar
Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy
Location: Calgary, AB (Canada)

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Panek » Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 pm

So what, you guys are buying 'em just to keep them on the shelf?

Since I am moving to Canada (Calgary, AB) in the next few months, I will get a hold of a collection like this and scan them one by one...

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Shoe Dick » Wed May 07, 2008 8:39 pm

I read them, don't see the point of getting one and not read it.
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

rdo3
Bob Rooney
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby rdo3 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:19 pm

today there is a script for sale. nobody has bid yet and the starting bid is $8. the auction has about 9 hours left. shipping varries from $5 for the usa to $13 for anywhere. its show 0314 "a 3 job no income family"
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIED-WITH-CHILDR ... dZViewItem

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Daniel » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 pm

rdo3 wrote:today there is a script for sale. nobody has bid yet and the starting bid is $8. the auction has about 9 hours left. shipping varries from $5 for the usa to $13 for anywhere. its show 0314 "a 3 job no income family"
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIED-WITH-CHILDR ... dZViewItem


It's not so worthy because it has no autographs on it. But of course it's a nice thing to have one as a fan.
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers

User avatar
Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy
Location: Calgary, AB (Canada)

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Panek » Wed May 07, 2008 10:57 pm

AxelFoley wrote:I read them, don't see the point of getting one and not read it.


I wrote that in context of Daniel's post about them being sealed in their bags. I would open them, carefully read them (and scan for further reading), then seal again and stash in a safe place. Clearly, you don't buy this stuff for looking at the cover ;P

User avatar
Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:42 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.
Location: Kansas City

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Dr. Shoe » Thu May 08, 2008 4:26 am

rdo3 wrote:ok doc i found another good deal. you can get 17 issues for under $9 (under $13 including shipping)
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIED-WITH-CHILDR ... dZViewItem

the easiest way is to search for married with children -dvd on ebay. make sure not to leave a space between the minus and dvd .


I won. My first MWC comics. 8)

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Shoe Dick » Thu May 08, 2008 6:10 am

Panek wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:I read them, don't see the point of getting one and not read it.


I wrote that in context of Daniel's post about them being sealed in their bags. I would open them, carefully read them (and scan for further reading), then seal again and stash in a safe place. Clearly, you don't buy this stuff for looking at the cover ;P


Yes I know, even if they are sealed, they are re-sealable. If it wouldn't work, you can buy your own plastic-covers that are seable for a few cents at a comicbook store.
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

User avatar
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:54 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Shoe Dick » Thu May 08, 2008 6:10 am

AxelFoley wrote:
Panek wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:I read them, don't see the point of getting one and not read it.


I wrote that in context of Daniel's post about them being sealed in their bags. I would open them, carefully read them (and scan for further reading), then seal again and stash in a safe place. Clearly, you don't buy this stuff for looking at the cover ;P


Yes I know, even if they are sealed, they are re-sealable. If it wouldn't work, you can buy your own plastic-covers that are seable for a few cents at a comicbook store.


Congrats man! Tell us what you think once you've gotten them and read one.
Image

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008


Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: http://www.albundy.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

User avatar
Panek
Dodge Liebhaber
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:49 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Al & Peggy
Location: Calgary, AB (Canada)

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Panek » Thu May 08, 2008 7:21 am

Dr. Shoe wrote:
rdo3 wrote:ok doc i found another good deal. you can get 17 issues for under $9 (under $13 including shipping)
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIED-WITH-CHILDR ... dZViewItem

the easiest way is to search for married with children -dvd on ebay. make sure not to leave a space between the minus and dvd .


I won. My first MWC comics. 8)


Congrats man!

Can you at least scan a cover or two? :)

User avatar
Daniel
Site Admin
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 12:25 pm
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Re: HELP!! Should I buy this???

Postby Daniel » Thu May 08, 2008 9:54 am

AxelFoley wrote:
Panek wrote:
AxelFoley wrote:I read them, don't see the point of getting one and not read it.


I wrote that in context of Daniel's post about them being sealed in their bags. I would open them, carefully read them (and scan for further reading), then seal again and stash in a safe place. Clearly, you don't buy this stuff for looking at the cover ;P


Yes I know, even if they are sealed, they are re-sealable. If it wouldn't work, you can buy your own plastic-covers that are seable for a few cents at a comicbook store.


You know I've got so much MWC stuff and I don't use it.
I don't even know exactly where it is.
But it's good to know _that_ I have it :)

btw: I've read one or two comics (I've also some tripple-comics [3 comis in one book]) - but the don't interest me so much. And they don't have very much with the "real MWC" in common.

btw2: no, I don't use my MWC towel after showering :)
Daniel

Image
http://www.albundy.net
http://yatuc.com <-- Yet another tiny Url creator
http://1st-wallpapers.com <-- HQ Wallpapers


Return to “Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest